Coorg is located some 260 km away from Bangalore. If you’re looking for ways for how to reach Coorg from Bangalore, here are the three most convenient options that you can consider:
1. Coorg Trip From Bangalore By Car
Since there are no direct flights or trains from Bangalore to Coorg, the best way to reach is by your own car or a cab. It’s not only a convenient option but also great if you plan to take a road trip from Bangalore to Coorg. And while Bangalore to Coorg by car takes around five hours, it completely depends on your car and speed.
2. Coorg Trip From Bangalore By Bus
You can also take your Coorg trip from Bangalore via bus. There are private buses as well as a direct Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) bus. It takes around six hours to reach Coorg from Bangalore by bus.
3. Coorg Trip From Bangalore By Train
While there are no direct Bangalore to Coorg trains, the Mysore Railway Station is the nearest you can get to if you plan to travel via train. After a train journey of three hours, you can take a bus or hire a taxi from the station to Coorg.
Tips For Your Coorg Trip From Bangalore
- Make sure you plan at least a three-day trip to Coorg to explore the best of nature and to avoid a jam-packed itinerary.
- Choose the most convenient option for commuting back and forth from Coorg as you don’t want to kick-start your trip with a hassled mind.
- Do check the weather before you pack your bags.
- Since Coorg gets a bit chilly in the morning or later in the evening, take a jacket along.
- Irrespective of whether you fancy adventure sports or not, do give Microlight Flying a shot as it’s absolutely worth experiencing.
- Choose the best accommodation available, because you must make the most out of your trip to Coorg.
Things To Carry On Your Trip To Coorg From Bangalore
- Light and comfortable cotton clothes
- Sturdy hiking shoes
- Light jacket
- Umbrella and raincoat
- Insect repellent
- Light snacks